The Ageing Process
As we age our facial complexion changes due to the various tissue changes that are occurring :
- The skin becomes thinner, less elastic, and “crepey”
- There is a loss of essential oils to keep the skin supple, and moist
- There is loss of fat under the skin. In the face, there is loss of the “malar fat pad” which results in drooping of the cheeks and increase in thickness of the “nasolabial folds”. There is also an increase in depth of the pre-jowl sulcus
- There is hooding of the lateral eye-brow making the eyes less of an “almond” shape
- There is puckering of the skin around the eye due to skin thinning, and atrophy of the muscles around the eye
- There is an increase in number of age spots due to overproduction of melanin
- The brows start thinning
- Dark eye circles due to loss of fat where the eyelid meets the cheek, resulting in increasingly prominent blood vessels.
At Antwerp AesthetiX, we have a solution to reduce the impact of all of the above signs of ageing using various products, including laser therapies, meta-therapy, volumising injectable fillers and muscle smoothing injections.
Book now for your free consultation.